Pages

Thursday 28 May 2015

Lost pet

As the sun shone through my bedroom window I woke up and rolled out of my bed. I gazed at the sun for a little bit and thought to myself what a beautiful day. I then chucked some clothes on and went to visit my best friend.
When I was done with my clothes I whizzed down the staircase to the backdoor. I unlocked the door and ran to the leash. He wasn’t there, where was he? Was he playing hide and seek again or did he run away? I was so confused? I searched high and low around the yard but he wasn’t there.
My eyes started to well up with tears, I kept on telling myself that he was going to turn up but he didn’t.  I was devastated. Suddenly an idea popped into my head, I decided to make posters and I stuck them everywhere, on lamp posts, trees and on mailboxes.  I asked nearly everybody in the neighbourhood but no one seemed to know where he was.
Suddenly I forgot to check our favourite place the park. I zoomed to the park and scanned everywhere but I couldn’t see him so I just sat down on the edge of the swings thinking of him trying not to cry. Suddenly I felt a cold shadow blocking out the sun. I turned around it was him my pet Giraffe!!! I was so happy I placed a little kiss on his nose. We played hide and seek for the whole day, until the sun set, when we finally headed home.

1 comment:

  1. Today for writing room 19 watched a video of a girl who lost her pet Giraffe and we had to retell the video. So here is my retell. Hope you enjoy

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.